Ann, 28, Jamaican, was supporting herself and her husband, Kevin. Kevin had drug and alcohol problems and moved between jobs frequently. He used Ann’s earnings to support his habit. The abuse started when Ann tried to discuss these issues with Kevin. Ann was terrified to leave and was threatened by Kevin with deportation to Jamaica. Ann was tortured and raped and had many stab marks on her stomach from Kevin. Ann and her children have moved and Ann has a successful business of her own.
- Victim:’I was forced into a Florida sex trafficking ring at age 4 by my father’
- Web Extra: On the Front Lines of Human Trafficking
- Local nonprofit helps young victims of abuse celebrate life, Christmas
- Police: Coast Guard Member Kills Wife, Son; Daughter In Critical Condition
- A One-Women Army – Aventura Magazine